What is a monster?
A monster is a creature either real or imagined that upsets our sense of truth and balance. Something we perceive as abnormal in appearance or size whether plant or animal that instills fear in us. Whether we create them, stumble onto them or they come to us, in Science Fiction or in Horror, there will be monsters. And they will be everywhere.
Where do monsters come from?
1. Genetic engineering usually from DNA.
2. Natural disaster such earthquake or volcano that releases a monster from suspended animation and/or frozen hibernation.
3. Man made disasters such as global warming or atomic testing that:
• Releases a monster from suspended animation and/or frozen hibernation.
• Alters the normal structure of a creature creating a monster.
4. From outer space.
• Aliens invading Earth.
• Discovered by space-faring Terrans on other planets or any other heavenly body.
5. Trapped in either a subterranean world, deserted island or hidden valley and stumbled onto by peopl